You can account for tax on purchases from unregistered dealers by creating a journal voucher.
To create tax liability on purchase from unregistered dealers
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal .
2. Click J : Stat Adjustment . In the Stat Adjustment Details screen,
o Select Type of duty/tax as VAT .
o Select Tax on URD Purchase as the Nature of Adjustment .
3. Debit the expense ledger.
4. Enter the amount.
5. Credit the VAT ledger. Enter the VAT Details , as shown below:
6. Credit the surcharge ledger and enter the VAT Details . The journal voucher appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
'Tax on Purchase from Unregistered Dealers (Punjab)' has been shared with