With Tally.ERP 9, you can record purchases that are taxable. Local purchases of stock items with multiple VAT rates can be done by selecting a common purchase ledger, required stock items, and VAT ledger.
To record transaction of local purchase for items attracting multiple VAT rates
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date .
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable , and the option Set/Alter VAT Details? is not enabled.
6. Select the common VAT ledger.
The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
o Type of duty/tax is set to VAT .
o Percentage of Calculation (eg 5)? is set to 0.
7. Click A : Tax Analysis to view the Tax Analysis screen.
8. Click F1 : Detailed to view in detailed mode.
The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
9. Press Esc to return to purchase invoice.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
10. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Taxable Purchases (Delhi)' has been shared with