In Tally.ERP 9, you can record a sales voucher to account for a works contract transaction.
To record a works contract transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales
2. Select the Party's A/c Name .
3. Select the Sales Ledger with Sales - Works Contract as the Classification / Nature .
● Select the sales ledger only when the Classification / Nature is not predefined as Sales - Works Contract .
● If common ledger is being used:
o Click F12: Configure in the invoice and set the option Allow Modification of Tax Details for VAT to Yes .
o Select Sales - Works Contract in the VAT Classification Details screen displayed on selecting the common sales ledger.
Note: If common ledger is being used, click F12: Configure in the invoice and set the option Allow Modification of Tax Details for VAT to Yes . Select Sales - Works Contract in the VAT Classification Details screen displayed on selecting the common sales ledger.
4. Select the stock item and enter the amount.
5. Enter the percentage or amount of deduction in the Deduction Claimed for Tax Calculation screen as shown below:
6. Select the VAT and additional tax ledgers.
7. Click A : Tax Analysis to display the Tax Analysis screen.
8. Click F1 : Detailed to view the stock items. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
9. Press Esc .
10. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes to view the Statutory Details screen.
● Set the option Type of invoice to Tax Invoice .
● Enter the other details.
● Press Ctrl+A to accept.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
11. Press Ctrl+A to accept the invoice.
'Recording Sales - Works Contract (Gujarat)' has been shared with