VAT for a state can be specified in Tally.ERP 9 by using the options under F11: Features. In the VAT Details screen, you can provide all the required details, such as TIN, tax number, tax rates and so on, applicable for a particular state.
To enable VAT
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > Statutory & Taxation . The Company Operations Alteration screen appears as shown below:
2. Set the option Enable Value Added Tax (VAT) to Yes .
3. Enable the option Set/alter VAT details .
4. Click F12: Configure to open the Configuration screen.
o Set the option Show date from which VAT is applicable? to Yes to view the date from which VAT is applied.
o Enable Show additional details? to view the detailed VAT Details screen.
To provide additional details in the VAT Details screen
1. Click F12: Configure .
2. Enable Show VAT applicable from to enter the date from when VAT registration is applicable.
Show additional details
to provide additional information and exemption or deferment
details. The detailed VAT Details screen appears as shown below:
4. Enter the following details under Additional Information :
o Enter the Style of Business , Status of the Dealer , and Economy Activity Code.
o Enter the name and Status/Designation of authorised person.
o Enter the Place and District of the business.
5. Press Enter to save.
5. Enter the following details in the VAT details screen.
o Select the state Haryana from the List of States (if the state is not selected in the Company Creation screen).
o Enter the 11 digit TIN allotted by the VAT department.
o Enter the Inter-state Sales Tax Number
o Enable Set/alter tax/rate details to open the Tax/rate Details screen. A single VAT rate which can be applied for all stock items in a company, can be defined from this screen.
To provide additional details
1. Click F12: Configure . The Configuration screen appears as shown below:
2. Set the following options to Yes :
o Set CST rate to enter the CST rate.
o Set type of goods to select Type of goods .
o Provide nature of goods to select Nature of goods .
o Provide commodity details to enter Commodity name and Commodity Code .
3. Enter the required CST Rate , VAT Rate , and other required details.
4. Press Enter to save.
o Enter the required Tax Rate and Additional Tax rate in Tax/rate Details screen.
o Enable the option Define VAT commodity and tax details as masters if separate VAT classifications have to be created for each tax rate. These classifications can be applied to ledgers, stock items or stock groups.
o Press Enter to save.
6. Enter the PAN/Income - Tax .
7. Enter the Corporate Identity Number (CIN) .
8. Press Enter to save.
'Enabling VAT (Haryana)' has been shared with