You can record purchases with additional ledgers (expense/income).
To record purchases with additional (expense/income) ledgers
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Click F12: Configure .
In the configuration screen,
1. Click F12: Advanced .
2. Set the option Allow cash/trade discount? to Yes .
3. Press Ctrl+A to accept.
3. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date in the purchase invoice.
4. Select the supplier ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
5. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable is set to Applicable , and Set/Alter VAT Details is not enabled.
6. Select the stock items whose VAT rates are specified either at the stock group or stock item level. Enter Quantity and Rate .
7. Enter the percentage or amount of discount in the field Discount .
8. Select the discount ledger in which the option Type of Ledger is set as Discount (ensure the options Is VAT/CST Applicable and Include in assessable value calculation are set to Not Applicable ) and enter the value.
9. Select the VAT ledger.
10. Click A : Tax Analysis to view the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1 : Detailed to view in detailed mode. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to purchase invoice.
11. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes / No , as required.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
12. Press Enter to save.
'Purchase with Additional Ledger (Karnataka)' has been shared with