You can record a purchase transaction made from an unregistered dealer with the applicable VAT and nature of transaction.
To record a purchase transaction from unregistered dealers
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Click F12: Configure and s et the option Allow modification of Tax Details for VAT? to Yes .
3. Enter the Supplier Invoice No. and Date .
4. Select the supplier ledger in field Party’s A/c Name .
5. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable , and Set/Alter VAT Details? is not enabled.
6. Select Purchase From Unregistered Dealer as nature of transaction in the VAT Classifications Details screen , and press Enter .
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchase from Unregistered Dealer (Delhi)' has been shared with