To record an adjustment entry towards CST, you have to create a journal voucher for the payable.
To record journal voucher for adjustment towards CST
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal .
Note: You can create a journal voucher from Gateway of Tally > Display > Statutory Reports > VAT > select the VAT or CST form.
2. Click J : Stat Adjustment . In the Stat Adjustment screen,
o Select the option VAT in the Type of Duty/Tax field.
o Select the option Decrease of Input Tax in the Nature of Adjustment field. The additional details option Against CST is automatically selected.
3. Press Enter to return to voucher.
4. Debit the CST ledger created under the group Duties and Taxes .
o Enter the Rate and Assessable Value in the VAT Details screen.
o Press Enter to return to voucher.
o Credit the VAT ledger created under the group Duties and Taxes .
o Enter the Rate and Assessable Value in the VAT Details screen
o Press Ctrl + A to return to voucher.
5. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes , and enter From and To date in the Refund Adjustment Details screen.
The journal voucher appears as shown below:
6. Press Enter to save.
'Adjustment towards CST (Andhra Pradesh)' has been shared with