Confirmation Statement letters are sent to ensure that your books of accounts match with those of the customers, suppliers, lenders and borrowers. This will help in maintaining your accounts accurately, and also help during audit.
In this topic, you will learn to:
The Confirmation Statement in Tally.ERP 9 can be modified according to the preference of the user. The title of the subject, the first and the second paragraph of the letter, and the sign-off style can be changed.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F12: Configure > Printing > Confirmation Statements .
2. Set the required margin on top of the paper in the Margin on top (default 0.5 inch) field. By default, this field is set to 0.5 inch.
3. Enter the required subject line for the letter in the Subject field. The default text is Confirmation of Accounts .
4. Enter the required information you want to include in the body of the mail in Information in first paragraph and Information in second paragraph fields.
5. Enter the required text in the Sign-off field.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Display > Account Book > Ledger or Group .
2. Select the required ledger, and press Enter .
3. Press Alt+P from the Ledger Vouchers screen.
4. Press Backspace , and select Confirmation of A/cs as the Style of Report , as shown below:
5. Enter the other details.
A sample of the printed Confirmation Statement is displayed as shown :
'Configuring and Printing Confirmation Statements' has been shared with