Debit Note is a document issued to a party stating that you are debiting their Account in your Books of Accounts for the stated reason or vise versa. It is commonly used in case of Purchase Returns, Escalation/De-escalation in price, any other expenses incurred by you on behalf of the party etc.
Debit Note can be entered in voucher or Invoice mode.
You need to enable the feature in F11: Accounting or Inventory features .
● To use it in Voucher mode you need to enable the feature in F11 :Accounting Features - Use debit and credit notes .
● To make the entry in Invoice mode enable the option F11: Accounting Features - Record debit notes in invoice mode .
To go to Debit Note Entry Screen,
● Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers.
● Click on Ctrl+F9: Debit Note on the Button Bar or press Ctrl+F9.
You can toggle between voucher and Invoice mode by clicking Ctrl+V .
Pass an entry for the goods purchased returned to Supplier A:
● ALT+R: Recalls the Last narration saved for the first ledger in the voucher, irrespective of the voucher type.
● CTRL+R: Recalls the Last narration saved for a specific voucher type, irrespective of the ledger.
'Recording Debit Note' has been shared with