Purchase of capital goods are recorded as fixed assets and is taxable. Input tax credit can be availed.
To record capital goods purchase transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Press Ctrl+V to display the voucher mode.
3. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date in the purchase voucher.
4. Credit the party ledger, and enter the amount.
5. Debit the capital goods ledger:
To select capital goods ledger
1. Click F12: Configure .
2. Click F12: Advanced and enable the option Allow expenses/fixed assets in purchase vouchers? .
3. Press Ctrl+A to accept the Voucher Configuration screen.
● Grouped under Fixed Assets .
● Predefined with Purchase Taxable - Capital Goods (as the Nature of Transaction ).
6. Debit the VAT ledger. The purchase voucher appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchase of Capital Goods (West Bengal)' has been shared with