You can record the purchase of capital goods using the procedure explained this topic.
To record capital goods purchase transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Press Ctrl+V to display the voucher mode.
3. Click F12: Configure and enable the relevant option to view ledger grouped under Fixed Assets .
To select capital goods ledger
1. Click F12: Configure .
2. Click F12: Advanced .
3. Set the option Allow expenses/fixed assets in purchase vouchers? to Yes .
4. Press Ctrl+A to save the Voucher Configuration .
5. Press Ctrl+A to return to the Accounting Voucher Creation screen.
4. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date in the purchase voucher.
5. Credit the party ledger, and enter the amount.
6. Debit the capital goods ledger.
Ensure the capital goods ledger is,
● Grouped under Fixed Assets .
● Predefined with Purchase Taxable - Capital Goods (as the Nature of transaction ).
7. Debit the ledger grouped under Current Assets . The Input Credit Details screen appears as shown below:
8. Enable the option Provide VAT Details , and enter the additional purchase details as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save. The purchase voucher appears as shown below:
10. Press Enter to save.
'Purchase of Capital Goods (Goa)' has been shared with