In Tally.ERP 9, you can record a purchase voucher to account for purchase of capital goods.
To record purchase of capital goods
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Press Ctrl+V to switch to voucher mode.
3. Click F12: Configure .
In the configuration screen,
1. Click F12: Advanced .
2. Set the option Allow expenses/fixed assets in purchase vouchers? to Yes .
3. Press Ctrl+A to accept.
4. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date .
5. Credit the party ledger and enter the amount.
6. Debit the fixed assets ledger (grouped under Fixed Assets and with Purchase Taxable - Capital Goods selected as nature of transaction), and enter the assessable value.
7. Debit current assets ledger created under Current Assets .
o Enter Commodity Name , Commodity Code , Assessable Value , VAT Rate % and VAT Amount Claimable in the Input Credit Details screen.
o Press Enter to return to the voucher screen.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
'Purchase of Capital Goods (Maharashtra)' has been shared with