You can record interstate sales with forms E1 and E2 by setting up the nature of transactions or by predefining them in your sales ledger in Tally.ERP 9.
To record interstate sales with E1 or E2
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales .
Note: Click F12: Configure and set the option Allow modification of Tax Details for VAT to Yes only if Nature of Transaction has to be selected in the invoice. If the sales ledger which is predefined with the Nature of Transactions, Interstate Sales - E1 or Interstate Sales - E2 is available for selection, then the configuration option Allow modification of Tax Details for VAT need not be enabled.
2. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
3. Enter Party Details , as required.
Note: Ensure the supplier's state selected is other than Telangana . Set the option Is against C Form to Yes .
4. Select Sales Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts . Ensure the nature of transaction is set as Interstate Sales - E1 or Interstate Sales - E2 in the transaction or predefined in the sales ledger.
5. Select the Name of Item from the List of Stock Items .
6. Enter the Quantity and Rate . Amount will appear automatically.
7. Select CST ledger if the transaction is against Form E1.
8. Enable the option Provide VAT Details to provide the required statutory details.
9. Select C Form as Form to receive .
10. Select E1 Form or E2 Form (based on the Nature of Transaction) as Form to issue .
11. Enter the Form serial no. , Form no. and Date .
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
12. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Interstate Sales - E1 and E2 (Telangana)' has been shared with