If you are dealing with a commodity which attracts VAT as well as Excise duty, you can create a sales invoice for the same by enabling the options Is VAT/CST Applicable? and Is Excise Applicable? in the sales ledger.
To record a sales invoice with excise duty and VAT
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales .
2. Press Ctrl+E to use it as excise sales invoice.
3. Enter the reference number in the field Ref .
4. Select the required Tax Unit .
5. Select/retain the Excise Book Name .
Note: The Excise Book Name linked to tax unit appears automatically. If multiple excise books are linked to tax unit, the required excise book can be selected from the List of Excise Books .
6. Select the Party’s A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts .
7. Select the sales ledger grouped under Sales Accounts . In the sales ledger, set the options Is VAT/CST Applicable? and Is Excise Applicable? to Applicable .
8. Select the required Nature of Transaction in the VAT Classification Details screen.
9. Select the required stock item.
10. Select the Godown , enter the Quantity and Rate in the Stock Item Allocation screen.
11. Select the excise duty ledger.
12. Select the common VAT ledger.
13. Set Provide VAT Details? option to Yes/No as per requirement.
The excise sales invoice appears as shown below:
14. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Sales with VAT and Excise (West Bengal)' has been shared with