To keep track of items returned after making a purchase, you can create debit notes for taxable goods. The debit note for returned items can be recorded by using the Ctrl+F9: Debit Note option in Tally.ERP 9.
To create a debit note for taxable goods with specified VAT rate in Company VAT Details screen
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Crl+F9: Debit Note .
2. Enter the Original Invoice Number and Date of the purchase invoice against which the debit note is recorded.
3. Select the required Party’s A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts .
4. Enter the required details in Party Details screen.
5. Select the common purchase ledger.
6. Select the required taxable stock items.
7. Enter the Quantity and Rate . The amount is automatically displayed in the Amount field.
8. Select the required common VAT ledger.
Ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
o Type of Duty/Tax is set to VAT.
o Use for Purchase Tax is disabled.
o Percentage of Calculation is set to zero.
The debit note screen appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchase Returns (Telangana)' has been shared with