Record purchase works contract details in vouchers with Purchase - Works Contract as the Nature of Transaction . Deduction can be claimed for tax calculation.
To record a works contract transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date .
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Select the purchase ledger grouped under Purchase Accounts with the Nature of transaction set to Purchase - Works contract .
Note: If common purchase ledger is being used, click F12: Configure in the invoice, and set the option Allow Modification of Tax Details for VAT? to Yes . Select Purchase - Works Contract in the VAT Classification Details screen.
5. Select the stock item. Enter the Quantity and Rate . The amount is auto calculated.
6. Press Enter .
7. Enter the required details in Deduction Claimed for Tax Calculation screen. The Deduction Claimed for Tax Calculation screen appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save and return to the purchase invoice.
9. Select the VAT ledger.
Note: Based on the state-specific tax structure, select cess/surcharge/additional tax ledger after VAT ledger.
10. Click A : Tax Analysis to display the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1 : Detailed to view in detailed mode. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Pres Esc to return to purchase invoice screen.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
11. Press Enter to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.
'Recording an Invoice for Purchase of Works Contract' has been shared with