You can account for tax on purchases from unregistered dealers by creating a journal voucher.
To create tax liability on purchase from unregistered dealer
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal .
2. Click J : Stat Adjustment . In the Stat Adjustment Details screen,
o Select the option VAT in the Type of Duty/Tax field.
o Select the option Tax on URD Purchase in the Nature of adjustment field.
o Press Enter to return to voucher.
3. Debit a ledger created under the group Current Assets and enter the value in the amount field.
4. Credit the tax ledger, and enter the Rate , Addl. Rate , Assessable Value , Commodity name , and Commodity Code in the VAT Details screen.
5. Credit additional tax ledger, and enter the Rate , Addl. Rate , Assessable Value , Commodity name , and Commodity Code in the VAT Details screen.
The journal voucher appears as shown below:
6. Press Enter to save.
'Tax on Purchase from Unregistered Dealers (Gujarat)' has been shared with