You can record purchase transactions attracting multiple VAT rates in Tally.ERP 9.
To record transaction of local purchase for items attracting multiple VAT rates
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date .
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable , and the option Set/Alter VAT Details? is not enabled.
6. Select the common VAT ledger.
The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
● Type of duty/tax is set to VAT .
● Percentage of Calculation (eg 5)? is set to 0.
7. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes .
o Select the Purpose of purchase .
o Press Enter to save.
8. Click A : Tax Analysis to view the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1 : Detailed to view in detailed mode. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to purchase invoice.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Taxable Purchases (Tamil Nadu)' has been shared with