To record sales for works contract, you can set up the nature of transaction as Sales - Works Contract. You also need to provide the necessary details for the works contact to record the transaction.
To record a works contract transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales
2. Select the Party's A/c Name .
3. Select the sales ledger with Sales - Works Contract as the nature of transaction.
o If the sales ledger is predefined with this nature of transaction, it need not be selected in the invoice.
o If common ledger is being used, click F12: Configure in the invoice and set the option Allow Modification of Tax Details for VAT to Yes .
4. Select the stock item and enter the amount. The Works Contract Details screen appears.
o Enter the required details in the Works Contract Details screen.
o Press Enter to return to voucher screen.
5. Select the VAT ledger.
6. Select the surcharge ledger.
7. Enter Narration , if any.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Sales - Works Contract (Haryana)' has been shared with