You can record purchases using the tax classification details as Purchase - Works Contract .
To record a works contract transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date .
3. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
4. Select the Purchase Ledger with Purchase - Works Contract predefined as the Nature of Transaction .
If common ledger is being used:
● Click F12: Configure in the invoice, and set the option Allow Modification of Tax Details for VAT? to Yes .
● Select Purchase - Works Contract in the VAT Classification Details screen displayed on selecting the common purchase ledger
5. Select the stock item, enter the Quantity and Rate . Amount appears automatically.
6. Enter the percentage or amount of deduction in the Deduction Claimed for Tax Calculation screen.
7. Select the VAT ledger.
8. Click A : Tax Analysis button to display the Tax Analysis screen.
9. Click F1 : Detailed button to view the names of stock items. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
10. Press Esc to return to purchase invoice.
11. Set the option Provide VAT Details to Yes or No , as required. The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
12. Press Enter to save.
'Purchase - Works Contract (Goa)' has been shared with