You can account for tax on purchases from unregistered dealers by creating a journal voucher.
To record tax liability on purchase from unregistered dealer
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal .
2. Click J : Stat Adjustment .
3. Select VAT in the Type of Duty/Tax field.
4. Select the option Tax on URD Purchase in the Nature of Adjustment field.
5. Press Enter to return to voucher.
6. Debit the input tax ledger created under the group Current Assets and enter the amount.
7. Credit the purchase tax ledger created under the group Duties and Taxes with the option Use for Purchase Tax enabled .
8. Enter the VAT Details . In the VAT Details screen,
o Enter Rate , Cess Rate , Assessable Value , and Commodity Name .
o Press Ctrl+C to use the Helper .
o Enter Commodity Code if Helper is not used. The VAT Details screen appears as shown below:
o Press Ctrl+A to return to the voucher creation screen.
9. Enter the amount excluding cess under the Credit column for the purchase tax ledger.
10. Debit the cess ledger. The amount will be displayed automatically. The journal voucher appears as shown below:
11. Press Ctrl+A to save.
'Tax on Purchase from Unregistered Dealers (Kerala)' has been shared with