You can create user defined VAT classifications in Tally.ERP 9.
To create a user defined classification
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Statutory Info. > VAT Classifications > Create .
2. Click F12: Configure . In the Configuration screen,
● Set the options,
o Enable nature of transaction? to Yes
o Set type of goods? to Yes
o Provide Trade Name? to Yes
o Provide commodity details? to Yes
● Press Ctrl+A to accept.
3. Enter the Name of the new classification.
4. Enter the applicability dates with the corresponding tax rates in Applicable From , Trade Name , and Tax Rate columns, respectively.
Note: Click L : Details to view the VAT Rate Details screen, and to specify different VAT rates with separate Applicable From dates.
5. Select the required Nature of Transaction .
6. Select the Type of goods .
7. Enter the date in Applicable From field.
8. Press Ctrl+C to select the Trade name .
9. Select the Commodity name .
10. Enter the Commodity Code .
11. Select the tax Schedule and enter the Tax rate . The Stat Classification Creation screen appears as shown below:
12. Press Enter to save.
'Creating VAT Classifications (Punjab)' has been shared with