You can create sales vouchers to record sales with customer ledgers and VAT or CST details.
To record sales with additional ledgers
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales .
2. Enter the reference number in Reference no. field.
3. Select the customer ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Select a common sales ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable , and the option Set/Alter VAT Details? is not enabled.
6. Select the expense ledger in which the option Include in assessable value calculation for is set as VAT and enter the value.
7. Select the common VAT ledger.
● The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options
o Type of duty/tax set to VAT ( CST in case of interstate sales).
o Percentage of Calculation (eg 5)? set to 0.
8. Click A : Tax Analysis to view the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1 : Detailed to view in detailed mode. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to invoice.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
Note: If the State is selected as Bihar and Chhattisgarh in the Company VAT Details screen, you can account for discount allowed by entering the discount percentage or amount against each stock item (in F12: Configure of sales invoice, set the option Activate cash/trade discount to Yes ), and select the discount ledger as shown below:
'Sales with Additional Ledger' has been shared with