You can account for tax on purchases from unregistered dealers by creating a journal voucher.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal .
2. Click J : Stat Adjustment button.
3. Select the option VAT in the Type of duty/tax field.
4. Select the option Tax on URD Purchase in the Nature of adjustment field.
5. Press Enter to save and return to the voucher screen.
6. Debit the ledger created under the group Indirect Expenses and enter the amount.
7. Credit the purchase tax/VAT ledger created under the group Duties and Taxes .
o Enter the Rate , Addl. Rate , Assessable Value , Commodity name , and Commodity Code of the item purchased in the VAT Details screen, as shown below:
o Press Enter to return to the voucher screen.
8. Credit the duty ledger created by selecting Additional tax as Type of duty/tax .
9. Enter the required details in the VAT Details screen.
The journal voucher appears as shown below:
10. Press Enter to save.
'Tax on Purchase from Unregistered Dealers (Uttar Pradesh)' has been shared with