VAT for a state can be specified in Tally.ERP 9 by using the options under F11: Features . In the VAT Details screen, you can provide all the required details, such as TIN, tax number, tax rates and so on, applicable for a particular state.
To enable VAT
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > Statutory & Taxation . The Company Operations Alteration screen appears as shown below:
2. Set the option Enable Value Added Tax (VAT) to Yes .
3. Enable the option Set/alter VAT details? to open Company VAT Details and c onfigure the VAT details, as explained in the next section.
4. Enter the PAN/Income tax. no.
5. Enter the Corporate Identity No. (CIN) .
6. Press Enter to save.
1. Click F12: Configure to view the Configuration screen.
● In the Configuration screen,
o Set the option Show date from which VAT is applicable? to Yes to view the date from which VAT is applied.
o Enable Show additional details? to view the detailed VAT Details screen.
o Press Ctrl+A to save and return to the VAT Details screen.
2. Select the state as Assam from the List of States (if the state is not selected in the Company Creation screen).
3. Enter the 11 digit TIN allotted by the VAT department.
4. Enter the Inter-state Sales Tax Number .
5. Enter the date from when VAT registration is applicable in VAT applicable from field.
6. Enter the Periodicity of e-VAT Annexures date.
7. Enable Set/alter tax/rate details to open the Tax/Rate Details screen. A single VAT rate for all stock items in a company can be defined in this screen.
To provide additional details
1. Click F12: Configure . The Configuration screen appears as shown below:
2. Set the following options to Yes :
o Enable the option Set CST rate to enter the CST rate.
o Enable the option Set type of goods to select the relevant type of goods
o Enable the option Provide commodity details to enable Commodity Name and Commodity Code fields.
o Enable the option Provide schedule details to select the relevant schedules.
3. Enter the required CST Rate , VAT Rate , and other required details.
4. Press Enter to save.
8. Set the option Enable VAT on quantity to Yes.
9. Enable the option Define VAT commodity and tax details as masters if separate VAT classifications have to be created for each tax rate. These classifications can be applied to ledgers, stock items or stock groups.
10. Enter the additional information, if required.
● Enter the required details in S/o , D/o , W/o , Style of Business , Name of the goods dealt in , Authorised Person , Status / Designation , and Place .
● Press Enter to save the Company VAT Details screen.
11. Press Ctrl+A to save the Company Operations Alteration screen.
'Enabling VAT (Assam)' has been shared with