You can use the Override Exemption Value screen to override either the amount related to income or exemption.
When you override income for any allowance, the voucher value is not considered for income tax computation. Instead, the value specified in the Override screen is considered.
To specify the Override Details
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Payroll Info. > Income Tax Details > Override Exemption Value .
2. Select the required e mployee from the List of Employees.
3. Select the required Allowance from the Income Tax Components.
4. In Effective From field, specify the date from when the Override details are applicable.
5. In the Ledger Name field, select the required ledger /pay head from the List of Ledgers.
6. In Override for field, select from Exempt, Income or Both.
7. Enter the appropriate amount in the Income Amount field.
8. Enter the appropriate amount in the Exemption Amount field.
9. Press Enter to save.
'Overriding Exemption Value (Payroll)' has been shared with