You can record transactions for purchases from unregistered dealers, and record tax paid on purchases from URD in Tally.ERP 9.
To record a purchase transaction from URDs
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchases .
2. Click F12: Configure and enable the relevant option.
In the Voucher Configuration screen,
● Set Allow modification of Tax Details for VAT? to Yes .
● Press Ctrl+A to accept and return to invoice.
3. Enter the Supplier Invoice No. and Date if any.
4. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
5. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable , and Set/Alter VAT Details? is disabled.
o Select Purchase From Unregistered Dealer as Classification / Nature in the VAT Classifications Details screen, as shown below:
o Press Enter to save.
6. Select the required stock item. Enter Quantity and Rate . The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
7. Press O to override with the nature of transaction selected in the invoice, and save.
'Recording Purchases from URD and Accounting for Purchase Tax (Punjab)' has been shared with