You can account for tax on purchases from unregistered dealers by creating a journal voucher.
To create tax liability on purchase from unregistered dealers
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal .
Note: You can create a journal voucher from Gateway of Tally > Display > Statutory Reports > VAT > select the VAT or CST form.
2. Click J : Stat Adjustment . In the Stat Adjustment Details screen,
o Select VAT as Type of duty/tax .
o Select the option Tax on URD Purchase in the Nature of adjustment field, as shown below:.
o Press Enter to save and return to voucher screen.
3. Debit the ledger created under the group Indirect Expenses and enter the amount in Debit column.
4. Credit the purchase tax/VAT ledger created under the group Duties & Taxes .
o Enter the Rate and Assessable Value of the item purchased in the VAT Details screen. The VAT Details screen appears as shown below:
o Enter the Commodity name and Commodity Code .
o Press Enter to return to voucher screen.
5. Enter Narration , if any.
The journal voucher appears as shown below:
6. Press Enter to save.
'Tax on URD Purchase (Tamil Nadu)' has been shared with