You can record purchases made at a lower rate with the applicable VAT rate for Haryana.
To record local purchases at lower rates
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchases .
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date .
3. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
4. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable is set to Applicable , and Set/Alter VAT Details is disabled.
5. Select Purchase Taxable as the Classification / Nature .
6. Select the required stock items whose lower rates are specified either at the stock group or stock item level and whose Nature of Goods is specified as Lower Rate . Enter Quantity and Rate for each stock item.
7. Select the common VAT ledger.
The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
o Type of Duty/Tax is set to VAT .
o Use for Purchase Tax is disabled.
o Percentage of Calculation is set to ‘ 0 ’.
8. Select the surcharge ledger.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchases at Lower Rates (Haryana)' has been shared with