You can create a debit note for taxable goods to record purchase return.
To create a debit note for taxable goods
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Crl+F9: Debit Note .
2. Enter the Original Invoice No. and Date of the purchase invoice against which the debit note is recorded.
3. Select the required party name from the List of Ledger Accounts .
4. Enter the required details in Party Details screen.
5. Select the common purchase ledger .
To create a common purchase ledger
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Info. > Ledgers > Create .
2. Enter Name of the purchase ledger.
3. Set Is VAT/CST Applicable? to Applicable .
4. Ensure that Set/Alter VAT Details? is set to No .
6. Select the required taxable stock items.
7. Enter the Quantity and Rate for each stock item .
8. Select the common VAT ledger.
Ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the fields:
● Type of duty/tax is set to VAT .
● Percentage of Calculation is set to 0.
9. Set the option Provide VAT Details to Yes . The Original inv. no. and Date appears as provided in the invoice. The debit note appears as shown below:
10. Press Enter to save.
'Purchase Return (Goa)' has been shared with