You will need to record the purchase of capital goods in the course of your business. These purchases may be taxable or exempt. You can record the transaction for purchase of capital goods - taxable or exempt - in Tally.ERP 9.
To record purchase of capital goods
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchases .
2. Press Ctrl+V to switch to voucher mode.
3. Click F12: Configure .
In the Configuration screen,
1. Click F12: Advanced .
2. Set the option Allow expenses/fixed assets in purchase vouchers? to Yes .
3. Press Ctrl+A to accept the configuration screen.
4. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date .
5. Credit the party ledger and enter the amount.
6. Debit the fixed assets ledger (grouped under Fixed Assets and with Purchase Taxable - Capital Goods selected as nature of transaction) and enter the assessable value.
7. Debit the ledger grouped under Current Assets .
o Enter Commodity Name , Commodity Code , Assessable Value , Rate and VAT Amount Claimable in the Input Credit Details screen.
o Press Enter to return to the voucher screen.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
'Purchase of Capital Goods (Rajasthan)' has been shared with