You can record taxable purchases for items with discount by creating a purchase voucher and including the relevant discount ledger and VAT ledger.
To record purchases with discount
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Click F12: Configure. In the Voucher Configuration screen
o Click F12: Advanced .
o Set the option Activate cash/trade discount? to Yes .
o Press Ctrl+A to save the Voucher Configuration .
o Press Ctrl+A to return to the Accounting Voucher Creation screen.
3. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date in the purchase invoice .
4. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
5. Enter Party Details , as required.
6. Select Purchase Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts .
7. Select the Name of Item from the List of Stock Items .
8. Enter the Quantity and Rate .
9. Enter the percentage or amount of discount in the Discount field.
10. Select the discount ledger, and enter the amount.
In the discount ledger grouped under direct or indirect expenses, set the option,
o Type of Ledger to Discount .
o Is VAT/CST Applicable? to Not Applicable .
o Set/Alter VAT Details? to No .
o Include in assessable value calculation? to Not Applicable .
11. Select the VAT ledger from the List of Ledgers .
12. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes or No as per requirement. The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
13. Press Enter to accept the purchase transaction.
'Recording Taxable Purchase with Discount (Chandigarh)' has been shared with