You can record a purchase transaction with additional ledgers to record the expenses incurred during purchase.
To record purchase transaction with additional expenses
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date in the purchase invoice .
3. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
4. Enter Party Details , as required.
5. Select Purchase Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts .
6. Select the Name of Item from the List of Stock Items .
7. Enter the Quantity and Rate .
8. Select the freight ledger , and enter the amount.
In the freight ledger grouped under Direct Expenses , set the option:
● Type of Ledger? to Freight .
● Is VAT/CST Applicable? to Not Applicable .
● Set/Alter VAT Details? to No .
● Include in assessable value calculation? to Not Applicable .
9. Select the VAT and surcharge ledgers.
10. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes or No , as required. The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
11. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchase with Additional Ledgers (Punjab)' has been shared with