You can record the purchases with additional ledger.
To record purchases with discount
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date in the purchase invoice .
3. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
4. Enter Party Details , as required.
5. Select Purchase Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts .
6. Select the Name of Item from the List of Stock Items .
7. Enter the Quantity and Rate . Amount appears automatically.
8. Enter the percentage or amount of discount .
To enable the configuration for discount
1. Click F12: Configure .
2. Click F12: Advanced .
3. Set the option Activate cash/trade discount? to Yes .
4. Press Ctrl+A to save the Voucher Configuration .
5. Press Ctrl+A to return to the Accounting Voucher Creation screen.
9. Select the discount ledger, and enter the amount.
In the discount ledger grouped under direct or indirect expenses, set the option,
● Type of Ledger? to Discount .
● Is VAT/CST Applicable? to Not Applicable .
● Set/Alter VAT Details? to No .
● Include in assessable value calculation? to Not Applicable .
10. Select the VAT ledger from the List of Ledgers .
11. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes or No , a s required. The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
12. Press Enter to accept the purchase transaction.
'Purchases with Additional Ledger (Goa)' has been shared with