You can create accounting vouchers to record sales with VAT and excise duty.
To record a sales invoice with excise duty and VAT
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales .
2. Press Ctrl+E to use it as excise sales invoice.
3. Enter the reference number in Reference no. field.
4. Select the required Tax Unit .
5. Select the Excise Book Name .
Note: The Excise Book Name linked to tax unit appears automatically. If multiple excise books are linked to tax unit, the required excise book can be selected from the List of Excise Books .
6. Select the party ledger in the field Party’s A/c Name .
7. Select the sales ledger grouped under Sales Accounts . In the sales ledger, set the options Is VAT/CST Applicable? and Is Excise Applicable? to Applicable .
8. Select the required nature of transaction in the VAT Classification Details screen.
9. Select the required stock item.
10. Select the Godown , enter the Quantity and Rate in the Stock Item Allocation screen.
11. Select the excise duty ledger.
12. Select the common VAT ledger.
13. Enter Narration , if required.
The excise sales invoice appears as shown below:
14. Press Enter to save.
'Sales with VAT and Excise' has been shared with