In Tally.ERP 9, you can create a new VAT or Stat Classification and enter relevant commodity details in the Stat Classification master.
To create Stat Classification
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Statutory Info. > VAT Classifications > Create .
2. Enter the Name of the new classification.
3. Enter the applicability dates with the corresponding tax rates in Applicable From and Tax Rate columns, respectively. The Stat Classification Creation screen appears as shown below:
Note: Click L : Details to view the VAT Rate Details screen, and to specify different VAT rates with separate Applicable From dates.
4. Press Enter to save.
To enter the commodity details in the Stat Classification master
1. Click F12: Configure .
2. Set the options Enable nature of transaction and Enable commodity details to Yes .
3. Accept the Configuration screen.
4. Select the required Nature of Transaction .
5. Enter the Commodity Name and Commodity Code . The Stat Classification Creation screen appears as shown below:
6. Press Enter to save.
'Creating VAT Classifications (Gujarat)' has been shared with