To record sales for works contract, you can set up the nature of transaction as Sales - Works Contract. You also need to provide the necessary details for the works contact to record the transaction.
To record a sales for works contract transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales .
2. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
3. Select the sales ledger with Sales - Works Contract as the Classification / Nature .
o If the sales ledger is predefined with this nature of transaction, it need not be selected in the invoice.
o If common ledger is being used, click F12: Configure in the invoice and set the option Allow Modification of Tax Details for VAT to Yes .
4. Select the stock item, and enter the Quantity and Rate .
5. Enter the percentage or amount of deduction. The Works Contract Details screen appears as shown below:
6. Select the VAT ledger.
7. Click A : Tax Analysis to display the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1 : Detailed to view in detailed mode. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to the sales invoice.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Sales - Works Contract (Delhi)' has been shared with