You can record a debit note to capture purchase return of taxable goods. A debit note is a commercial document sent to the seller by a buyer, requesting for credit note, or to adjust for amounts pending with the seller.
To record a debit note for purchase return of taxable goods
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Ctrl+F9 .
2. Enter the Original Invoice No. and Date .
3. Select the required Party’s A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts .
4. Enter the required details in Party Details screen.
5. Select the common purchase ledger .
To create a common purchase ledger
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Ledgers > Create .
2. Enter Name of the purchase ledger.
3. Set Is VAT/CST Applicable? to Applicable .
4. Ensure that Set/Alter VAT Details? is set to No .
6. Select the required taxable stock items.
7. Enter the returned Quantity and Rate . The amount is automatically displayed in the Amount field.
8. Select the required common VAT ledger.
The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
● Type of duty/tax is set to VAT .
● Percentage of Calculation (eg 5)? is set to 0.
9. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes .
o Enter the Date of returns .
o Press Enter to save, and return to debit note.
The debit note appears as shown below:
10. Press Enter to save.
'Purchase Returns (Tamil Nadu)' has been shared with