You can record a works contract transaction using the procedure in this topic.
To record a works contract transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales .
2. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
3. Select the sales ledger with Sales - Works Contract as the Classification / Nature .
Note: For a common ledger, click F12: Configure in the invoice and set the option Allow Modification of Tax Details for VAT? to Yes. Select Sales - Works Contract in the VAT Classification Details screen displayed on selecting the common sales ledger.
4. Select the stock item, and enter the Quantity and Rate .
5. Enter the percentage or amount of deduction. The Works Contract Details screen appears as shown below:
6. Select the VAT ledger.
7. Click A : Tax Analysis to display the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1 : Detailed to view in detailed mode. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to the sales invoice.
8. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes / No , as required.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Sales - Works Contract (Karnataka)' has been shared with