You can record purchase transactions attracting multiple VAT rates in Tally.ERP 9.
To record transaction of local purchase for items attracting multiple VAT rates
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchases .
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date .
3. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
4. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable , and Set/Alter VAT Details? is set to No .
6. Select the common VAT ledger.
The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
o Type of duty/tax is set to VAT .
o Percentage of Calculation (eg 5)? is set to 0 .
7. Click A : Tax Analysis to view the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1 : Detailed to view the stock items. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
Note: The tax for each item is calculated based on rate specified in the stock item master by selecting On Quantity in the Calculation Type .
o Press Esc to return to purchase invoice.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
'Taxable Purchases (Rajasthan)' has been shared with