The tax liability rests with the dealer for purchases from unregistered dealers, and it has to be recorded in the same month as the purchase.
To record a purchase from an unregistered dealer (URD)
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchases
2. Select the Party’s A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts .
3. Select the Purchase Ledger predefined with Purchase From Unregistered Dealer as the Nature of Transaction .
4. Select the stock item from the List of Stock Items .
5. Enter the Quantity and Rate . Amount appears automatically. The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
6. Press Enter to accept.
'Purchases from URD (Kerala)' has been shared with