You can record a purchase transaction with additional ledgers to record the expenses incurred during purchase.
To record purchases with additional (expense/income) ledgers
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date in the purchase invoice.
3. Select the supplier ledger in Party's A/c Name field.
4. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable , and Set/Alter VAT Details? is disabled.
5. Select the stock items whose VAT rates are specified either at the stock group or stock item level. Enter quantity and rate.
6. Select the expense ledger in which the option Include in assessable value calculation for? is set as VAT and the Method of Calculation is selected, and enter the value.
7. Select the VAT ledger.
8. Click A : Tax Analysis to view the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1 : Detailed to view the stock item and assessable value including the expense amount. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to purchase invoice.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Purchases with Additional Ledger (Rajasthan)' has been shared with