A debit note is created to against the original invoice to record the purchase returns
To create a debit note for taxable goods whose VAT rate is specified in Company VAT Details screen of F3: Statutory & Taxation features
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Crl+F9: Debit Note .
2. Enter the Original Invoice No. and Date of the purchase invoice against which the debit note is recorded.
3. Select the required party name from the List of Ledger Accounts .
4. Enter the required details in Party Details screen.
5. Select the common purchase ledger .
To create a common purchase ledger
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Info. > Ledgers > Create .
2. Enter Name of the purchase ledger.
3. Set Is VAT/CST Applicable? to Applicable .
4. Ensure that Set/Alter VAT Details? is set to No .
6. Select the required taxable stock items.
7. Enter the Quantity and Rate . The amount is automatically displayed in the Amount field.
8. Select the required common VAT ledger.
Ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
● Type of Duty/Tax is set to VAT .
● Percentage of Calculation is set to 0.
9. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes .
10. Select the Nature of Return as:
o Not Applicable to account for purchase returns
o De-Escalation in Price to account of price difference.
The debit note appears as shown below:
11. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchase Returns (West Bengal)' has been shared with