You can create vouchers to record purchases from unregistered dealers (URD). Create journal vouchers to record the tax liability on purchases from URDs.
To record a purchase transaction from unregistered dealers
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchases .
2. Click F12: Configure .
In the Voucher Configuration screen,
o Set the option Allow modification of Tax Details for VAT? to Yes .
o Press Ctrl+A to save and return to invoice.
3. Enter the Supplier Invoice No. and Date .
4. Select the supplier ledger in Party’s A/c Name field.
5. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable , and Set/Alter VAT Details? is disabled.
6. Select Purchase From Unregistered Dealer as Classification / Nature in the VAT Classifications Details screen and press Enter .
7. Select the required stock items whose VAT rates are specified either at the stock group or stock item level. Enter Quantity and Rate for each stock item.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchases from URD (Assam)' has been shared with