You can create VAT classifications depending on different tax rates and specify commodity details in the Stat Classification master itself.
To create a user defined classification
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Statutory Info. > VAT Classifications > Create .
2. Click F12: Configure in the Stat Classification Creation screen and enable the required options. In the Configuration screen,
● Set the following options to Yes .
o Nature of transaction?
o Type of goods?
o Provide commodity details?
o Schedule details?
● Press Enter to save.
3. Enter the Name of the new classification.
4. Enter the applicability dates with the corresponding tax rates in Applicable From , Commodity Name , Commodity Code , Schedule , and Tax Rate columns, respectively.
Note: Click L : Details to view the VAT Rate Details screen, and to specify different VAT rates with separate Applicable From dates.
5. Select the required Nature of Transaction .
6. Select the Type of goods .
7. Enter the Commodity Name and Commodity Code .
8. Select the tax Schedule and enter the Tax Rate . The Stat Classification Creation screen appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Creating VAT Classifications (Chandigarh)' has been shared with