In Tally.ERP 9, you can record sales with additional ledgers to account for miscellaneous expenses like freight/transport charges, packaging charges, and so on.
To record sales with additional ledgers
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales .
2. Enter Ref. number, if required.
3. Select the customer ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Select a common sales ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable , and Set/Alter VAT Details? is not enabled.
5. Select the required stock items whose VAT rates are specified either at the stock group level, or at the stock item level. Enter Quantity and Rate for each stock item.
6. Select the expense ledger in which the option Include in assessable value calculation for is set as VAT and enter the value.
7. Select the common VAT ledger.
The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options
● Type of duty/tax set to VAT ( CST in case of interstate sales).
● Percentage of Calculation (eg 5)? set to 0.
8. Click A : Tax Analysis to view the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1 : Detailed to view in detailed mode. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to invoice.
9. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes / No , as required.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
10. Press Enter to save.
'Sales with Additional Ledger (Karnataka)' has been shared with