You can record a sales transaction with additional ledgers to record the expenses incurred while making sales.
To record sales with additional ledgers
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales .
2. Enter Ref. number, if required.
3. Select the customer ledger in Party's A/c Name field.
4. Select a common sales ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable , and Set/Alter VAT Details? is disabled.
6. Select the expense ledger in which the option Include in assessable value calculation for? is set as VAT and enter the value.
7. Select the common VAT ledger.
The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes with the following fields:
o Type of duty/tax set to VAT (CST in case of interstate sales).
o Percentage of Calculation (eg 5)? set to 0 .
8. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes to view the Statutory Details screen.
In the Statutory Details screen,
o Select the Point of Sale .
o Press Enter to save and return to sales invoice.
9. Click A : Tax Analysis to view the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1 : Detailed to view the stock items. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to invoice.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
10. Press Enter to save.
'Sales with Additional Expenses (Rajasthan)' has been shared with