To use the Provident Fund, Employee State Insurance (ESI), National Pension Scheme (NPS), Income Tax and Professional Tax features for Indian Payroll, you must enable Statutory Features for Payroll.
Note: The Payroll Statutory Features are available only for India. For other countries, this option is not available.
To enable Payroll Statutory feature
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > F3: Statutory & Taxation.
2. Set Enable payroll statutory to Yes .
3. Enable the option Set/alter payroll statutory details .
The Payroll Statutory Details screen appears as shown below:
In the Provident Fund section,
Region Code Office Code Est Code Extension Code
[DL] [FBD] 7digits 3digits
Example : Company PF Account Number to be entered as DL FBD 0012345 012 .
as allotted by the PF department.
2. Enter Company Account Group Code as specified by the PF department.
3. Enter Company Security Code as specified by the PF department.
In the Employee State Insurance section,
1. Enter Company Code as allotted by the Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC).
2. Enter the name of the ESI Branch Office.
3. In the Standard Working Days (per month) field, enter the number of days to be considered for the calculation of daily wages, and monthly gross amount for ESI benefits. If this field is left blank, the system considers the Calendar Period as the basis for calculation.
Note: ESI Eligibility Amount is specified in the Stat file.
In National Pension Scheme section,
1. Specify the Corporate Registration Number as allotted by the Central Recordkeeping Agency (CRA) during registration.
2. Specify the Corporate Branch Office Number allotted by the Central Recordkeeping Agency (CRA) during registration.
In the Income Tax section,
1. Specify the 10 digit TAN assigned to the employer in Tax deduction and collection Account Number (TAN) .
2. Specify the TAN registration number .
3. Specify the name of the Income Tax Circle/Ward , to which the employer is associated.
4. Select the Deductor Type as:
o Government for central or state government companies.
o Others for other companies.
5. Enter the name of Deductor branch/division .
6. Enter the Name of Person Responsible for TDS deduction in the company.
7. Enter the father's name of the person who is responsible for TDS deduction in the company, in the field Son/Daughter of .
8. Specify the official Designation of the person who is responsible for TDS deduction in the company.
9. Specify the PAN .
Press Enter to accept and save.
'Enabling Payroll Statutory Features (Payroll)' has been shared with