Seller can issue E1 (first sale) and E2 (subsequent sales) when doing interstate sales, to produce before assessing authorities within prescribed time. The certificates E1 and E2 forms are to be issued on quarterly basis.
To record transaction of interstate sales with E1/E2
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales .
2. Click F12: Configure and set the option Allow modification of Tax Details for VAT to Yes only if Nature of Transaction has to be selected in the invoice.
Note: If the sales ledger which is predefined with the Nature of Transactions Interstate Sales - E1 or Interstate Sales - E2 is available for selection, then the configuration option Allow modification of Tax Details for VAT? can be skipped.
3. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
4. Enter Party Details , as required.
Note: Ensure the supplier's state selected is other than Andhra Pradesh . Set the option Is against C Form to Yes .
5. Select Sales Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts . Ensure the Nature of Transaction is set as Interstate Sales - E1 or Interstate Sales - E2 in the transaction or predefined in the sales ledger.
6. Select the Name of Item from the List of Stock Items .
7. Enter the Quantity and Rate .
8. Select CST Ledger if the transaction is against Form E1.
9. Enable the option Provide VAT Details? .
To provide VAT details
1. Select C Form as Form to receive .
2. Select E1 Form or E2 Form (based on the Nature of Transaction ) as Form to issue .
3. Enter the Form serial no. , Form no. and Date .
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
10. Press Enter to save.
'Interstate Sales ‐ E1 and E2 (Andhra Pradesh)' has been shared with