To record purchases for works contract, you can set up the nature of transaction as Purchase - Works Contract. You also need to provide the necessary details for the works contact to record the transaction.
To record works contract transactions
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date .
3. Select the Party's A/c Name .
4. Select purchase ledger with Purchase - Works Contract as the Nature of transaction .
5. Select the stock item and enter the Amount . The Works Contract Details screen appears.
o Enter the required details in the Works Contract Details screen as shown below:
o Press Enter to return to voucher screen.
6. Select the VAT ledger.
7. Select the surcharge ledger.
8. Enter Narration , if any.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchase - Works Contract (Haryana)' has been shared with